"The Matrix Revelations Challenge: Designing Highly Flexible, Modular, and Easy to Use e-Learning"
presented by Kristy Macellaro, CPLP and Training Specialist for People 2.0
Feedback from the meeting is below. I’m using much of this to plan for my organization’s 2012 goals. Thanks again for the opportunity to present and get the feedback!
Repurpose Existing Content
- Develop a matrix of single topics (rather than “chapters” of content)
- Keep modules around 5 minutes long, but no more than 15 minutes
- Try to structure based on role/function
- Design to access info “in 2 clicks”
- Use video only where needed. Elsewhere, use job aides or PPT or other forms of online information.
Invest in additional Internal Resources
- Designated Web server
- Hire an Intern
- Internal ROI evaluation to support need for above resources, focusing on time spent facilitating vs. effectiveness and scalability
- Record user testimonials to encourage use of the online training program and resources
- Research and report on time spent in training vs. time spent making mistakes and fixing them because user didn’t attend training